If you've been experiencing some performance issues with your Mac, it might be in need of a a little care and attention under the hood.
MacTuneUp is designed to quickly discover and fix problems, restore hard disk space, create bootable disk backups, and maximize your Internet and network connections to speed things up a bit. Like all decent cleaners and optimizers, you can schedule tasks to run automatically daily, weekly and monthly. However, there doesn't seem to be any kind of restore or roll back option so you're advised to create a bootable backup of your system using MacTuneUp first in case of problems.
The Internet booster I found the least effective tool producing no noticeable increase in surfing speed. However, the Maintenance Pilot does seem fairly effective at rebuilding and re-indexing files for faster locating in Spotlight. Also interesting is the firewall tool which allows you to either configure a firewall you're currently using or install a new one using MacTuneUp.
MacTuneUp is a mixed bag of tools but depending on your system problem, you should find something to speed things up in it.
- * Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard support
- * Improved stability on PPC Macs
- * Increased application performance on Intel Macs
- * Improved disk cloning process
- * Resolves an issue when displaying certain Unix manuals
- * Resolves an issue when canceling a deletion or a backup process
- * Many minor improvements and resolved issues from previous versions